East River Legal Services (ERLS) is a non-profit law firm that provides free civil legal aid to low-income individuals in the thirty-three (33) Eastern South Dakota counties. ERLS is seeking a professional, experienced, and intelligent receptionist with excellent communication and interpersonal skills for all front office desk duties and administrative support.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the receptionist renders legal support services including, but not limited to: meeting with clients (in-person or on the phone), providing clerical and administrative support, preparing correspondence and documents using Microsoft Word, copying documents, scanning documents to PDF file format, maintaining files in a confidential and well-organized manner, performing data entry of client statistical information, greeting all visitors, answering phones, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Serve as receptionist and assistant to the Executive Director;
- Maintain follow up records relating to legal matters in process and ensure that legal requirements and deadlines are met;
- Answer and connect all incoming calls and, when necessary, assist with outgoing calls;
- Deal with new client intake process;
- Greet office visitors and direct them to proper personnel;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Sign for deliveries and notify personnel of deliveries;
- File and make copies;
- Maintain files, records, calendars, and reports;
- Provide confidentiality and professionalism toward clients, visitors, and other employees at all times;
- Draft letters;
- Draft board meeting minutes;
- Maintain lobby;
- Ensure compliance with ERLS policies and procedures;
- Other duties, which may be assigned from time-to-time by the Executive Director.
- Punctual and excellent attendance record;
- Demonstrable sensitivity to the needs and problems of low-income individuals, including the rural poor;
- Prior law office experience preferred, but not required;
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Bilingual strongly preferred, but not required;
- Type a minimum of 60 wpm;
- Excellent proofing skills;
- Outstanding computer skills, with the use of Microsoft products preferred;
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
East River Legal Services is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. ERLS encourages applications from minorities, females, people with disabilities, and veterans.